Skincare Tips for Traveling
Skincare Tips for Traveling
Traveling can be an exciting experience, yet sadly a lot of times when you visit a new place your face doesn't complement the excitement you feel. In reality, your skin can look dull, exhausted, and older than its real age. That’s because airplane cabins are depressurized and exceedingly dry, pulling moisture from your skin. Your skin may even flake or break out due to the desert-like conditions on board. Your skin will also be adjusting to different climates, disrupted sleeping patterns, and new foods.
Instead of making your skin suffer while traveling, prepare ahead of time. Take care of your skin during your travels and avoid breakouts, dryness, sunburn or other issues so you can focus on an incredible vacation.
Follow our guide to keep your skin looking great while traveling:
- Exfoliate the day before your trip: You might be thinking that a scrub might be too harsh for your skin before you go through the stress of traveling but it’s the perfect way to slough away dead skin cells and prep skin for a big dose of moisture.
- Pack a Travel Skin Kit: You need to plan your skincare routine and adapt it to your travel needs. You'll need to carefully pack your favorite skincare products into your luggage. Make sure that you bring your best makeup remover, a hydrating moisturizer with SPF, a mist spray and lip balm. Make sure to place them all on a clear bag so if something spills during your travel your things won't get ruined.
- Cleanse the Skin Regularly: A facial cleanser is more important than your serums and under-eye creams. Cleaning your skin is an essential step in keeping the dirt and grime from your daily adventures from damaging your skin.
- Apply Moisturizer: A good face moisturizer helps maintain your skin’s health. It keeps your skin hydrated, which prevents breakouts and skin issues caused by excessive dryness. Remember to moisturize your skin before you board your flight. The air inside planes is drying and can damage your skin. You also need to make sure you're thoroughly moisturizing your skin at least twice a day during your travels. You can carry a handy facial mist so you can spritz it on your face whenever you need to add moisture throughout your day.
- Drink Plenty of Water: Drinking water is a great way to keep the skin plump and hydrated but it is also the best way to flush any unnecessary toxins from the body.
- Avoid Sun Damage: One of the most important things to remember when traveling is sun protection. No matter where your destination is, it's essential to stay consistent with your sun protection. Apply sunscreen before getting on the plane and reapply it as needed.
- Don't Forget Your Lips: Just like your skin needs to be properly hydrated and protected against the sun, your lips also need the same care. Bring your favorite lip balm to protect and hydrate your lips avoiding lip problems such as cracking, chapping or drying out.
- Pack some sheet masks: Sheet masks don’t take any extra space in your luggage and are great for your skin. These treatment-soaked papers can be an excellent alternative for the serums and special creams that you will miss while traveling.
- Skip Makeup: It is better to stick to your daily day cream and SPF to let your skin breathe. This is because the changing weather conditions and atmosphere may cause your skin to break out.
- Adapt to the Local Climate: Lastly, don't ignore the local climate characteristics when preparing your skin and beauty routine for your travel. Check out the area's humidity first to determine how your skin will react to the climate.